Monday, February 28, 2005

Using Volunteerism to Boost Worth

This last weekend I volunteered to work at the California Speedway during the four days of NASCAR. I drove a golfcart to help anyone with disabilities get around the racetrack and participate in all that a NASCAR weekend has to offer. It was a wonderful experience.

If you look, there are a lot of articles, columns and words written about how to use volunteerism to boost your network and business development. Not enough is said about how being a volunteer just plain feels good.

Doing anything without an expectation of reciprocation is exactly the sort of thing that helps us feel worthy and at peace with who we are. And from there so much is possible.

Never be afraid to give. You will receive a return on your investment.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...