Sunday, April 24, 2005

First Impressions are NOT Objective

This study on dating and 'first sight' impressions should mean a lot to anyone building business relationships. I have commented to so many audiences that business relationship skills can be learned in the pages of a book like "10 Commandments of Dating" or "The Seven Principles for Making a Marriage Work." Whether in our personal life or our business life, the relationship engine built into all of us is a single engine. It does not have two sets of filters nor can it tell the difference between a business reception or dinner on a cruise ship.

I used to chide myself for not having enough friends separate from my business life. One day I pondered what sort of people I'd like to meet... and discovered that I already knew them. They were all of the people I liked in business that crossed over into being personal friends as well.

I like doing business with people I would have as friends, AND, I like having friends to keep me company in business. In business use your brain to excel in your practice, and use your gut (instinct) to excel in relationships.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...