Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Lessons from the Design Profession

I've found a great new voice on visual design and the profession of designing... or should I say he found me (he linked to one of my posts) and I followed his tracks back to his blog. It was worth the trip. Andy Rutledge of Male Design offers some great insight and ideas for his profession, and for the rest of us. Start by reading his manifesto on design. His conclusion below is right on... but the story is in how he arrived at his conclusion. Read IT!

- good design = good stuff
- bad design = bad stuff
- business + good design = coo success
- design is supercritical in just about everything anymore
- design = power
- power + responsibility = good
- power + apathy = go stand in the corner
- future + designers = brighter

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...