- Do I have a passion for what I am trying to do?
- Do I believe (not just mentally) that I can do this?
- Is this effort consistent with my values in life?
- Am I willing to take action and put my full energies behind this effort?
- Is what I want going to assist me in growing and becoming a better person, i.e., in achieving a more fulfilled life? Or am I just indulging myself?
What we set out to do each day in our work MUST match the person we believe ourselves to be. When each is a match to the other "work" no longer describes how I spend my day at the firm.