Sunday, October 16, 2005

LA-LMA Meeting on October 20

I don't normally promote events but since I am the moderator for this panel discussion I will be shameless and promote.... Here is the official word:

Where Business Development and Client Service Collide: Client and Targeted Non-Client Interviews
More law firms are using client interviews to boost their business development efforts. When used properly, client interviews provide a powerful glimpse into a client's business and reveal new opportunities. Legal marketing pros join in LMA-LA's panel discussion to share their success with client interviews. Strategic development, implementation and execution of these key client conversations will be covered, along with:
  • Differences between client surveys, market penetration research, industry analysis, and targeted non-client interviews
  • In-person vs. phone vs. written surveys
  • How to select which clients to speak to and what to ask them
  • Interviewing techniques
  • Roles of responsible partner, managing partner, marketing department, and the consultant
  • Reporting results to the firm
  • Common misperceptions and best practices
Panelists:
  • Moderator, Bruce Allen, CMO, Rutan & Tucker
  • Deana Kardel, Regional VP, JAMS
  • Merry Neitlich, Partner, Extreme Marketing
  • Victoria Spang, DMO, Sheppard Mullin
So if your in LA on Thrusday morning stop on by. Since I am only asking the questions I know I'll have a good time!

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...