- Control: By creating my own images I have exact control of the content and context. And, the task of finding a deep set of stock images exactly matching what we have to communicate is difficult and defeating. Often images are "close", but not exactly right on.
- Originality: How embarrassing is it when a marketer finds the exact image being used by a competitor or another company in the same magazine or publication. Some stock image companies do offer exclusivity contracts but at a premium.
- Flexibility: Need new images to launch a campaign? Want to tweak what is already there? Just shoot some more images or PhotoShop what you already have. Many stock photos are copyrighted as none alterable.
- Internal ownership: Internally any message I create on behalf of my firm is much more believable. They may laugh and kid each other a bit but believability starts on the inside. And, being a part of the process creates an honest sense of pride within the firm when the images are used publicly.
- Fun: Posing and picture taking is one of those, "I'm having fun, am a little uncomfortable, not going to admit to either" sort of activities that people buzz about for a long time.
Technorati Tags: Legal Marketing, Professional Services Marketing, Marketing, Business Development, Sales