Wednesday, September 13, 2006

History Helps a Law Firm

This year is the 100th anniversary of the year that our founding partner started practicing law in Orange County (CA). The occasion has made its way into our branding program through advertising, editorial, internal initiatives, etc. This month, September, as close as we can tell, is THE month he hung out his shingle.

Over the course of the last 12 months I've been immersed in uncovering every shred of historical information that exists about our founder and the evolution of his practice and the firm. Along the way I've shared a lot of it with everyone at the firm; stories, pictures, and anecdotes.

What the firm has received in return is a workforce, attorneys and staff alike, with a rich and deep feeling of being part of something so much bigger than just the time that, "I've been here." For some it means cherished memories and for others it reveals tradition. For all it has inspired some degree of esprit de corps. For me the journey is incredible. I've only been with the firm for 14 months but I know it like I'd been there most of the way. It feels good.

If you are looking for a way to bring your firm closer together I encourage you to look back in time and reveal what is found. History seems to offer people higher purpose and a greater sense of being part of something.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...