Friday, April 27, 2007

Developing Face-to-Face Networking Skills :: Idea #1

Walking into a room packed with people you do not know can be daunting! "How will I know whom to meet?" "How can I cover a room with so many people in it?" Here's an idea that has worked for me.

Anyone I meet is my personal, relationship scout. Everyone in the room will be spending time, just like me; making old and new connections, starting conversations and collecting information.

As I talk with people I meet I ask them whom they've met. Sharing knowledge like this can make the "hunt" a whole lot swifter; maybe even more fun.... Challenging situations are always easier with an ally. Trading knowledge helps me to be more efficient and sometimes is the fast-track to an important introduction.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...