Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Law Firm Marketer Visits the Eighth Grade

Next week I'm scheduled to appear at Career Day at the McFadden Intermediate School in Santa Ana, CA to give a presentation to students about the job I do--legal marketing. I envision a room full of eighth graders looking at me and thinking, "OK suit-guy, this better be good."

It would be different if my career was as a stand-up comedian (just do a routine), or a juggler, or sports player, or a police officer, but I'm a marketing guy. What I do is fun for me but can I communicate my passion in any way that will be interesting and engaging to eighth graders?

For the next several days my head will be cooking as I mull this over and put something together. What I come with I will share here. If anything it might provide a good chuckle for my MC readers. And of course, if you have ideas feel free to share!

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...