Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What is Micro-Management?

A question came in from a reader, "How do I know when I am being micro-managed?" He went on to ask, "is this a good thing for me or bad?"

Here is my take on Leadership: "Here is our goal. Are there any parts of it you need to work through? What can I help you accomplish?"

Here is my take on Micro-Management: "Here is our goal. Send me a outline on all of the steps you are taking to meet it... and let's schedule a meeting to go over everything you are doing. By the way, you will need to get started in this way."

Is micro-management a good thing? You decide, but my money is in the corner of having the freedom to learn and grow.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...