- Birthdays - Is there a day more important than this one? It is "our day" and anyone that gives this to us matters.
- Wedding Anniversaries - It's a big day in a good marriage.
- Date of Hire - It is a huge moment when we get hired to the position we desire. It is even more gratifying when others acknowledge our accomplishment.
- Favorite Holiday - Everyone has a favorite holiday. Mine is Christmas. I have a friend that goes weird over Halloween. Letting people know that you remember that "this is their favorite holiday" is a good thing.
- Giant Business Moments - "Isn't today the anniversary of the billion dollar XYZ deal?" Giant business moments always have a great aftertaste.
I can imagine there are at least two days of the year that are special for everyone in your network -- probably more like four or five. Get to know those dates let them know you remember what is special to them every year.