Saturday, September 13, 2008

Memorable Experiences are the Best Spent Business Development Dollars

The dugout suites at Angels Stadium in Anaheim, CA are the perfect place to create a memorable experience for a client or prospect, as was the case last night.

I was the guest of Tony Saucedo, a VP at First Republic Bank at the Angels vs. Mariners matchup. Sitting at ground level the Angel batters circle was five feet directly in front of us. We witnessed conversations between players, coaches and umpires. It was like we were inside the game, not just observing it. And the best part came in the bottom of the ninth inning when Mike Napoli (Angels catcher) broke up a tied game and hit a walk-off home run to win the game! Sweet!

I know I have talked about this in the past, but it is SO worth repeating. Your best marketing dollars are spent on creating memorable experiences! It is way to easy to just do the normal stuff like taking someone to lunch or meeting them for drinks after work -- but that is so average it is almost forgettable!

Think about the moments you've remembered days, months or even years after... and this is where you can start to form ideas about what you can do to create a real bond with a client or prospect.

I know for certain my relationship with First Republic Bank keeps getting deeper and more wonderful because they treat me like someone that matters. They keep offering me memorable experiences that I appreciate -- exactly the sort of things that will keep me loyal and a fan.

I encourage you to touch your network of important relationships in a similar way. Think of ways to create memorable moments and you will be creating ways to bring people closer to all that you desire.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...