Thursday, July 16, 2009

One-a-Day Rainmaking

I attended an Orange County LMA panel discussion yesterday -- three highly successful corporate lawyers discussing their personal journey as rainmakers. One comment stands out above the rest. Penelope Parmes of Rutan & Tucker offered up her one rule behind her business development success, "I do one business development thing each day. It could a be a phone call, an email, a lunch, a note, whatever -- but I make sure I do one thing a day."

Certainly that is a simple rule to follow, right?

1 (per day) x 23.5 (avg work days per month) x 12 (months) = 282 business development moments.

If you have the discipline to stick to this rule imagine how your practice might being doing if you made an effort 282 times!

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...