Sunday, January 30, 2005

Helping Clients to Work with VCs

I have a soft spot for any knowledge an attorney can acquire that helps the client get things done. And, having worked so long in the early-stage arena I am particularly aware of commentary and knowledge around raising capital. For that specific activity an entrepreneur gives a lot of credence to the advise of their attorney.

In that light, here is a great exchange. Recently Tom McMakin, a VC at Thrive Capital Partners, circulated a list of ten questions every entrepreneur should ask a potential VC investor. This week, Jeff Nolan, a VC at SAP Ventures, posted his answers. The Q&A has good insights for anyone trying to raise venture money for a startup.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...