Jerry Wilkinson’s Ten Tips for Highly Effective Business Networking
- Be you…authentic. Authenticity always has an audience.
- Find like-minded people in the business arena where your expertise meets an need.
- Do what you love and love what you do and you’ll never work another day in your life.
- PMA (positive mental attitude) is like a magnet. There is so much crap in the world, that most people truly enjoy being around optimistic people who see the glass as half full.
- Take it personal, make it personal. If you don’t then you won’t really have a relationship (with clients or contacts).
- Send handwritten personal notes.
- Be a resource. The power of brokering education, information and fun cannot be understated.
- Timing is important. Being timely is everything.
- Visibility is key. Join organizations that you really have a passion for (Boy’s & Girls Club of America, YMCA, Advisory Councils, et al).
- Leave the jerks to the competition. Is the revenue really worth the pain?
Technorati Tags: Legal Marketing, Professional Services Marketing, Marketing, Business Development, Sales