Monday, October 03, 2005

Matching Mirror to Self


A reminder to self; I cannot change organizations. I can only reveal them to themselves. They may like what they see. Or not.

I imagine that not too long ago it was possible for a person to live months, years, or even decades without physically seeing their own reflection. What if I had lived for 20 or 30 years before I saw myself in a mirror? What a visceral experience that would be! Would I see what I expected? Or would my internal image of self crash with reality?

This is what it must feel like for the people within a firm the first time, or any time they see their (firm) reflection in a “mirror”. "Can this be true?" "Is that us?"

It could be they really like what they see. What a relief! Or the people could cry out in denial and anger. Self-image exists in the individual and within the "self" of a group. I believe great marketing happens when the mirror and self are a match. It is VASTLY easier to market reality!

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...