- How did you get this work?
- What was the referral source (if there was one)?
- What is the business of the client?
- What is the scope of their operations within California?
- How comfortable are you to work with this client or on this matter?
- Do you feel comfortable that this client/matter fits into your overall practice?
- What is their potential for additional work? (NEW)
- Would you feel comfortable talking with partners in other practice groups about exploring additional business issues the client might be facing?
- Would you like to land more clients like this? Why?
Thursday, May 04, 2006
An Addition to the New Matter Questionnaire
As I wrote earlier I query partners on new business that arrives at the firm to understand all of the reasons that we take on new clients. Today I added a new question to the mix. Of course, there are many questions that could be asked, but any questionnaire NEEDS to be brief enough to expect that anyone will take the time to answer the questions. My query to the partners is now:
I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...
Here's the scenario: I'm at a business mixer meeting, greeting and doing the schmoozing thing. I engage in a conversation with someo...
The most important question, and the most cliché question of the decade! It has every possibility of making it into the Cliché Hall of Fame...
It is such a little thing in print--"black tie optional", but for many a huge question to answer. Here is the answer I offer when ...