What they are not getting is (my oversight in the short time I have been at the firm) a business development orientation. My department does reach out to every attorney to handle bios, photos, Martindale updates, etc. But that's just scratching the surface. Next week I will be working out an orientation package that covers the following:
- An outline of the firm's history and traditions
- An introduction to the brand program at the firm.
- An snapshot of the firm's current market position and data on the specific practice area of the attorney.
- A questionnaire asking about past business development experiences (if any).
- A personal business development plan form.
- A review of current marketing resources and firm URLs.
- A discussion of the firm expense policies, sports tickets, and sponsorships.
- A profiling assessment to uncover strengths specific to the individual.