Monday, December 10, 2007

Ignore Your Personal Brand at the Risk of Your Firm

I have always been a tough competitor and as a sponsor I am diligent about protecting my opportunities. However, I would not want to create adversaries along the way.

In Orange County there is a marketing personality that is quite aggressive about managing his sponsorships. So much so that at times he is quite impossible to deal with. There are frequent calls to organizers demanding oversight, multiple references to being a high-ranked sponsor, requests to review every detail, and an attitude of power because of money spent. The net result is that so many people can only talk about how difficult it is to have his firm as a sponsor.

Do not ever forget that the brand of your firm includes your personal interactions. If you are uncompromising and difficult your actions carry over to what the community believes about your firm.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...