Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Your Marketing Stuff has to be True to You

I was having a conversation with a new client -- we are designing a new business card, letterhead and website together. In the conversation she asked an important question, "Shouldn't my stuff (the communications package) reflect what my potential clients want to see?" My answer was directly to the point, "NO!"

"Your package needs to reflect EXACTLY whom you are."

This is important. In order to develop and sustain a successful practice you need clients that are attracted to you -- not to a facade you think you need to present. Remember, the best relationships are based on truth.

Whenever you are creating a communications package for a firm or individual do your best to present the truth about either, the clients you attract will always be a much better match than those drawn through hype.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...