Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Marketing Success in a Down Economy #7 - Peer Into Your Future

Successful marketing in any economy is part knowing what to do and part knowing were to seek advise.

At my last law firm I founded a leaders roundtable for my managing partner. Each member of his roundtable were handpicked leaders at other professional services firms in the region (banking, accounting, executive search, insurance, commercial real estate, investment banking, wealth management, etc.). The group met each month over breakfast to discuss the challenges of running a firm/company and offered advise and ideas to each other offer peer support. The cost? Breakfast and a small amount of time to coordinate. The benefit? Immeasurable!

In addition to sharing expertise a well bonded group will look out for each other and find ways for firms to feed together -- they seek synergies and partnerships. Sounds like a winner to me.

And peer groups are not just for leaders. A law firm rainmaker should form a peer group of other rainmakers. A law firm marketer should have a peer group of other professionals services marketers.

Especially in a tough economy I like being surrounded by my peers -- my business family. If you want help weathering any challenge consider my advise -- peer into your future.

(Return to Marketing Success in a Down Economy index)

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...