Thinking back -- I used to be a frequent diner, with guest(s), at The Center Club in Costa Mesa. I was known by the staff who greeted me by name and stepped-up their attentiveness to my table. I can recall that my guests were impressed by the club and the attention.
Both situations demonstrate a basic rule about building personal brand; Anytime you can demonstrate that you are well known and liked you are elevated in standing.
A restaurant is a perfect place to make that happen.
If you would like to experience this for yourself try this:
- Select a finer restaurant near your office where you enjoy the food and the ambiance
- Make a commitment to invest in eating lunch there at least once or twice a week
- Be wonderful and upbeat with the staff on every visit
- Have conversations with the staff and demonstrate an interest in their day
- Tip nicely (server and maître d') and offer compliments all around every time you visit
- Introduce your guest(s) to the staff