Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Marketing Skills Need Constant Care

Great marketing skills need constant care and attention to survive time and competition. In the same way that the legal profession demands Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), professional marketers could demand an equal standard of renewal within themselves -- and any decently progressive law firm (or any professional services firm for that matter) should find a way to enable that continued growth.

If you disagree I would love to hear what you consider to be the downside of consistent professional training to improve critical skills -- and sending your staff to one marketing conference is not a complete answer.

I have always considered that being in my profession (professional services marketing) is a hoot. Yup, I said it, a HOOT! It is definitely different every day; spent in the company of amazingly smart people; promoting intangibles; and witnessing that what I do can make a difference.

I encourage you, if you are a marketer, to never stop looking for new opportunities to learn new skills. And I encourage professional services firms leadership to enable your marketing professionals to deepen and enrich their skills. The payoff for both will be absolutely worth any effort.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...