Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Dear Law Firm Marketing Experts,

Please stop resting on the laurels of ten years past and repeating marketing lessons that have been repeated like lyrics a million times before.

I listened in on a conference call this afternoon -- marketing experts talking about performing client surveys. The call was advertised as providing answers for law firm marketers challenged to make client surveys part of their firm culture.

What actually happened was a shoot-from-hip moderated conversation covering "lesson 101" cliches we've all heard before. Things like, "attorneys are challenged to do these things" and "an unhappy client will tell ten others".

Look, at some point "the experts" have to move on and start covering truly rich, deep, specific examples of real, transforming experiences. They need to start relating stories of true movement and stop saying what has been already spoken at every conference or confab many times before.

I make no claim to having any answers, I don't, but legal marketing experts need to WAKE UP and start taking some risks.

At my firm, like any other, we are constantly challenged to do more, be better, produce astounding and create magic. And I so blessed to be in the company of such amazing marketers at my firm....

For all of you "experts" out there, stop being lazy. If you want to teach, take a risk and give us rank and file workers something new to chew on. Challenge me! Create, invigorate and motivate. BE ORIGINAL!

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...