Tuesday, February 09, 2010

What Does Low Hanging Fruit Look Like for Law Firms

It is easy to identify companies I would like to have as clients of my firm -- it is another thing to gain an opportunity to pitch our services. In most cases the companies we target already have counsel performing at least adequately and in many cases, counsel that are taking good care. The only thing that might upset their current relationships is -- change.

Buy-sell, unexpected litigation, rapid growth, new regulation, change in leadership, etc. Instead of pursuing any company, I focus on companies facing change. Change is the moment when executives are most likely to consider new counsel.

Consider this. Instead of going after every company you desire focus only on those in a state of change. It could dramatically change the return on your effort.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...