Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Knowing that "No" Tells Its Own Story

Getting the advertising budget approved for this year has been wonderful for discovering the priorities and beliefs of my partners. In proposing regions outside of our traditional advertising area I received feedback that spoke to what they thought was viable, and, it spoke to what they hoped to accomplish in growth.

That they did not see my plan for every area as viable is not a setback. It is a step forward because they needed to clearly think and state why a particular region was not a place for advertising (ergo; expansion of business).

When proposing new ideas for a firm the things that come back as “no” are a great insight into the thinking of what is considered possible and an indicator of what will be supported.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...