Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Am Not Saying That I Do Not Have Competition, But....

I attended a great networking mixer this evening hosted by the OC Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth and spent the evening pitching my new coaching business (Marketing Catalyst, LLC) to a lot of lawyers, accountants, and many other professional services executives. Much to my delight most of the people I spoke to exclaimed, "What a perfect business for you Bruce, that service is so needed." They would continue, "I have never heard of anyone doing something like that just for lawyers."

Key phrase here, "I have never heard of anyone doing something like that just for lawyers."

I happen to know of several great professionals offering this service to lawyers -- so why don't the lawyers (and so many other professionals) know about this?

Here is a message to my competition -- A big chunk of your target market does not know you are out there. My marketplace believes I am offering a unique service. I am not, but I'm not going to tell anyone anything different.

BTW, by the end of the evening I had confirmed one new client and two on the cusp.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...