Friday, April 11, 2008

Do You Need a Law Firm Marketing Committee

A marketer from a law firm back East emailed me a question about forming a marketing committee at his firm. I emailed a response and am following up with this post.

First I would point to this article by Tom Kane and then to this follow up that links back to comments I made.

It can never be said that people wanting to form a committee lack in earnest concern for the purpose of the committee. BUT, before you go down this road spend some time discovering why people feel a need to form a committee. Some perceived need is not getting addressed and forming a committee is a polite way of stating, "I want more from something I feel I cannot control."

I do believe that any process that lengthens the distance between "I think - I know - I do" is a process that needs careful evaluation.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...