Kind of like looking for a lawyer or accountant -- yes?
Here is a truth; A company does not select a firm. Instead, a person (company executive) is selecting a lawyer or accountant with whom they feel initial trust, chemistry and professional attraction.
So what does this mean? Oddly, I have an answer to the question I pose....
- Stop being stuffy and traditional with bio's, photos and stories on your (dating service) web site. Help your professionals stand out as individuals and personalities.
- Promote your firm less -- promote your people more. Unless you are in the branding stratosphere with Nike or Coke individuals will not connect with your grand statements and firm fluff.
- Stop using stock art in any graphic project (web or printed). Start using images of your "personalities".
- Allow potential clients to meet more than one professional. The person that brings in the lead may not be the one that can win the relationship.
- Know when to say no. Without initial trust, chemistry and professional attraction there is no good reason to keep going further.