Friday, December 05, 2008

Are Holiday Cards an Obligation Served?

Christmas/Holiday cards appear to be the annual, mandatory reason to say "thank you" to people in our network of important relationships (clients/referral relationships/extended network of friends).

That is so sad.

How is it that we have turned a holiday into an obligation? Why do we push ourselves to say "thank you" only at this time each year? And what does it say about us if the only time each year we reach out in this way is "expected"?

If you have ever been inside a great relationship, or are in one now, you know the most wonderful things happen when you surprise your "other" with a warm and caring moment.

Let's make this a goal: I will review my holiday card list and find a way to connect with each person next year -- BEFORE I send them a card in December.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...