Thursday, December 04, 2008

Speak and Be Heard

We can never know where new business comes from... truthfully. We do all of this marketing stuff and hope for reward, but how business arrives at our door will always be a grey mystery. What is true is that unless we keep putting ourselves out there to be heard we should not expect any reward whatsoever.

I spoke at a gathering of young CPA professionals this evening -- a totally exciting crowd, and I imagine that not much will happen for my firm in the near future from this event. But a seed was planted, and I had one more opportunity to define the future of my firm.

Not everything you do will result in immediate opportunity. This is a big lesson to learn. Patience is so important.

Every time you have an opportunity to speak in front an audience is an opportunity for you. Speak and be heard. There is no downside.

Graphic Artists are Crazy

I might know. I am one. But, not like, "Wooo Hooooo, la la la la la, put me in a rubber room!!" Go online and look at any portfo...